Quality scores in SDLXLIFF
Thread poster: ericchubb
ericchubb
Ireland
Mar 20, 2014

Hi there

I'm writing a tool to attach quality scores to the translation unit elements in SDLXLIFF files for translations obtained from MT systems. My understanding is that Trados stores segment quality scores inside a child element of trans-unit elements
I also understand that a trans-unit can only contain one of these at most. I'm confused by this because (as far as I understand the format) SDLXLIFF elements can store multiple segments inside a trans-unit, broken up using mrk tags

This causes problems when you want to score segments individually, as you may have more than one segment, but only one score allowed per trans-unit, so I'm wondering what the best approach would be to allow me to store multiple segment scores inside a trans-unit.

Thanks
Eric

[Edited at 2014-03-20 17:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-03-20 17:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-03-20 17:17 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quality scores in SDLXLIFF

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search