Term Recognition doesn't work in 2014
Thread poster: DorZL

DorZL  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:41
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Mar 20, 2014

I'm working on a project with an online termbase, and all I get in Term Recognition is "No results available." This is not true, since I see the terms if I manually search for them. It used to work in the past. I have now spent an hour reading on this in this forum.
Please help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:41
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Something similar happened to me recently Mar 20, 2014

There was a Java issue on my new computer with Studio 2014, which did not help. I had to remove and reinstall the latest update, then check the security settings to make Java allow Multiterm to run. It did recognise some terms, but not all, and I could not edit.
Multiterm IS just Java-sensitive... But that fixed it.

Check that your files are saved - all the way through - with the right source language.

I had a similar problem with Multiterm on my 2011 setup on my old computer, and it turned out that the source file in the client's package was saved in the wrong language.

In my case it was saved as US English and should have been Norwegian. Multiterm kept changing to English --> Norwegian, and of course did not recognise any terms in the source file, although there were plenty!

Luckily I had a backup file, but it was large, and I had to change the language in several sections. Multiterm then worked as it should.

I don't know if that will help you, but I hope you find a solution!

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:41
Member (2003)
English to French
View > Reset Window Layout Feb 18, 2015

might be what you need unless you tried it already.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/252730-studio_2011_termbase_message_no_results_avaiable.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition doesn't work in 2014

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search