Studio 2009 does not open: Prozedureinsprungpunkt "SHGet Folder Path EX" wurde in DLL "SHELL32.dll"
Thread poster: Karen Hessas
Karen Hessas  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:19
German to English
Mar 21, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I hope someone can give me a pointer on what I can do to solve the following problem.

Out of the blue my Studio 2009 will not open. When I launch from the icon link on my desk top, I get the error message: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." No Studio, nothing.

When I boot from the program on my hard disk, the splash screen launches, Studio begins to load, gets as far as "Showing application window" and then the following error message appears:
'Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "SHGetFolderPathEX" wurde in der DLL "SHELL32.dll" nicht gefunden. '

When I close this message, Studio disappears.

Strangely enough, I can launch Studio from Xliff files from earlier jobs - the application opens, the second error message appears, but when I close it, the 'Projects' window remains open. The following window is displayed:

Error processing command line arguments: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

USAGE: SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Task: NoAutoUpdate
Description: Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /noautoupdate
Arguments:
/noautoupdate Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.

Task: Create Project
Description: Starts the Create Project wizard.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /createProject [/files [ ...]] [/name ] [/template ] [/referenceProject ]
Arguments:
/createProject Starts the Create Project wizard.
/files The full file path of one or more documents or folders to add to the Create Project wizard.
/name The name of the Project
/template An existing template name or file path to use.
/referenceProject An existing reference project file path to use.

Task: Open Document
Description: Opens a document or a number of documents in the Editor View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openDocument [ ...]
Arguments:
/openDocument The full file path of one or more documents to open.

Task: Open File Based TM
Description: Opens a file based TM or a number of file based TMs in the TM View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openFileTm [ ...]
Arguments:
/openFileTm The full file path of one or more TMs to open.

Task: Open Package
Description: Opens a package in the Package View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openPackage
Arguments:
/openPackage The full file path of the package to open.

Task: Open Project
Description: Opens a project in the Projects View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openProject
Arguments:
/openProject The full file path of a Project to open.

Task: Show Advanced Settings
Description: Use this argument to display the 'Advanced' pages of the File Types settings
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /showAdvancedSettings
Arguments:
/showAdvancedSettings Use this argument to display the 'Advanced' pages of the File Types settings

When I close this window I can access the projects list. The top file is bold but cannot be opened, the file below this can be opened.

Am extremely concerned about this, as all my clients specify Studio and I have 15 years of work in the databases. Have tried requesting support from SDL over my customer account, but even my mail to request support purchase is not being dispatched. Hours of research on the Net and in the SDL resources have been to no avail.

I wonder has anyone encountered this before or could give me a tip how I could fix it or escalate it directly to SDL?

Feedback would be more than appreciated and I hope I can help out with some issue too in the future.

Many thanks!
Karen

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 does not open: Prozedureinsprungpunkt "SHGet Folder Path EX" wurde in DLL "SHELL32.dll"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search