https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/266453-studio_2014_upgrading_tmw_file.html

Studio 2014 - Upgrading .tmw file
Thread poster: Frederik Bossee
Frederik Bossee
Frederik Bossee  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 21:12
Member (2013)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 21, 2014

Hello fellow translators,

I received a .tmw file from a translation agency today, but as I opened it in Studio 2014 and tried to upgrade it, it tells me it can't find the .iix file.

I don't understand why it would look for an .iix file when I am trying to open a .tmw file. Am I missing a file here? Or do I have to adapt some settings somewhere?

I hope someone can help me on this one?

Thanks,
Frederik

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Frederik Mar 21, 2014

The "old Trados" TM consists of several files, not just .tmw. You should ask the client to send you either the whole set of TM files or just a single .tmx file.

Frederik Bossee
Frederik Bossee  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2013)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 24, 2014

Thank you Natalie for your reply.

In the meantime I asked the agency for the missing file. Instead they gave me the .tmx file, which is even better

Kind regards,
Frederik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Upgrading .tmw file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »