SDL Trados Studio 2014 - how can I export files into their original directories?
Thread poster: Stephan Kaps
Stephan Kaps  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to German
+ ...
Mar 22, 2014

Hello,

I have the following question (I am absolutely new to 2014):

I have just started to work on a huge project in which many different small SDL XLIFF files are located in various subdirectories.

In order to use the QuickMerge feature of Studio 2014, I have created a new project (there was no project package, just single files), imported all the single files and then created a single view to work with the files conveniently.

However, I realized that Studio has imported all the files into a new "project" folder instead of simply updating the files at their original location (that's what memoQ would do). So how can I update the original files (instead of having to copy all the files back in order to keep the directory structure)?

There is a "finalize" batch task which offers to export the bilingual files, however, a special "export directory" is preset here... I would simply need the files in their original directory structure which must be kept for sending them back.

P.S. One more question: I have tried to adjust the font size in the settings of Studio 2014 in the editor and TM, however, there was not change at all...

[Edited at 2014-03-22 13:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

pgschreier  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:40
German to English
Also would like this feature Mar 23, 2014

Automatically storing output/target files to the original directory is also a feature I would love to see. This (along with being forced to use sub-languages) has long been one of my pet peeves with Trados.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 - how can I export files into their original directories?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search