Thread poster: Théo Amon
Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 30, 2014

Hi everyone:

both in Trados 2011 and 2014 I've been trying to toggle off the Translations Results, Concordance Search, Messages etc. windows, but even when I unpin them and click the corresponding option in the View menu, at every new segment I start working with they pop up, often disturbing my windows layout setup. Is there a way to disable them for good, only viewing them when I actually need them?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:40
English to Russian
+ ...
Full screen mode Apr 1, 2014

Hi Theo,

Did you consider full screen mode for working? Just press F11 and all of the fields (including the ribbon) you're talking about go away. If you need to come back to regular mode press F11 once again.

Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked as a provisory solution till I find a way to bypass it Apr 1, 2014

Hm, I'm doing that now. Nevertheless, that annoying Translation Results window keeps popping up for some seconds before it slides up again. Wish I could only see that when I actually clicked on a tab or something, otherwise I find it a little visually disturbing. But thank you anyway.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:40
English
Try undocking them... Apr 1, 2014

... and if you have a dual screen put them on a different screen. Or just move them off screen so they are out of the way.

Alternatively why don't you simply go to Project Settings and disable the TM? It’s only a couple of clicks in Studio 2014 and then the TM windows won't activate.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Results, Concordance Search etc. windows - How to get rid of them

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search