Thread poster: Cynthia Coan

Cynthia Coan
United States
Local time: 18:12
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2014

I clicked on my Trados Studio 2011 to do a translation and I get a message saying the program has stopped working. It searches for a solution but never finds one. I tried uninstalling the program in the Windows control panel, then using Microsoft Fixit (so I could attempt a reinstall), but I can't do it. Any suggestions? How do I get my program to work again?

Cindy Coan
indextran@cox.net
PO 12513, Tucson, AZ 85732-2513, USA
Tel. +1 (520) 750-8439; cel. +1 (520) 405-8083
Profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/600510.

Translating Service: Spanish & Swedish to English
INDEXING "BY THE BOOK"

Direct link Reply with quote

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Member (2012)
German to English
memoQ Apr 1, 2014

No immediate help, but my long-term suggestion would be to switch to memoQ. I worked for over a year with Trados before being introduced to memoQ and was extremely frustrated with its unnecessary complexity, instability, and lack of support. I wondered how it could be a market leader even before I tried memoQ, and now I am completely baffled.

Hope you get you software going to meet your short-term demands.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:12
English
If Studio will not start at all... Apr 1, 2014

... then log a support case and the SDL Support team will help you. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer by the time you get to the end, or the answer doesn't work for you, keep going and you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul

Cynthia Coan
United States
Local time: 18:12
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to Eric and SDL Support ... Apr 1, 2014

... for your suggestions. To address the points raised:

1. I did in fact explore the knowledge database and solution finder, but I couldn't find the solution to my problem. I filled out a support contact form, but communication and answers have been slow in coming.

2. The main reason I invested in Trados Studio in the first place is that some agencies and clients require it. For projects that come with that requirement, using another CAT tool isn't an option. Otherwise, when not working on a project that requires Trados, my CAT tool of choice (which I've been using since before getting involved with Trados) is WordFast.

For some further historic background: I originally invested in the Trados Studio 2011 starter version back in August. In the fall, I used the software successfully for a couple of small projects. In December, I completed a large project requiring Trados. I completed my most recent Trados-aided project, a small editing job, at the end of January. That is the last time my program worked right before my present problem cropped up.

Late yesterday, I reviewed my license information and found that my listed licenses included the Trados Studio 2014 starter edition, although the edition I actually purchased in August was the 2011 edition -- not 2014. I don't know if that has anything to do with my current problem or not, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Cindy C.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 has stopped working

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search