An error has occured whilst using the translation provider: Attempt to write a read-only database
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:55
German to English
Apr 3, 2014

I see a few other entries for this error message in the threads, but did not see a conclusive answer to the problem.
I use SDL Trados Studio 2011. ALL of my TMs are suddenly returning this message now when I try to use them. They work for a few segments, and then this error message pops up.
Following one other user's suggestion, I tried saving the TM to a USB stick and then resaving it on the computer under another name. So far this does seem to work, but as the problem is occurring with all my TMs one after the other I am wondering what the real root of the problem is and if resaving the TM under a different name is just a Band-Aid or a real fix.
I do not think it can be access rights because I am the only user on my computer.
Thanks for any insights!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An error has occured whilst using the translation provider: Attempt to write a read-only database

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search