SDL Studio 2011 : automatically selecting the best result from TM
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:42
Member (2003)
German to French
Apr 6, 2014

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I aligned older translations (not made by myself) to reuse them. When translating the files, I corrected and modified many of the segments.

I am now working on new documents for the same clients and for each segment already in the TM, I get 2 different matches : one with the label « Align » and 1 with the label « Sylvain », each of them displaying as a 99%-match.

What can I do for Studio to select automatically « my » segments and not those from the alignment?
I have to carefully verify each of them and select segment 1 or 2 for each one. How can I exclude the aligned matches to keep just mine ?

Hope it’s clear...

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,
Sylvain

[Modifié le 2014-04-06 14:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Change the alignment penalty Apr 6, 2014

You can set a higher penalty for alignments (by default it's 1).

Go to Project settings>Language Pairs>All Language Pairs>Translation Memory ...>Penalties and change the Alignment penalty to 5 or 10.

Segments from alignments will now show up as a 95% or 90% match in the look-up window.

HTH,
Emma

Edited to add:
You could also exclude them completely by setting up a hard filter (the option below the path described above) to exclude segments with "align" in one of the fields. That way they won't be shown in search results at all.

[Edited at 2014-04-06 18:39 GMT]

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 6, 2014

Thanks Emma,

Curiously, I don’t have the penalty for alignement in my penalties list.

But the filter setting will do the trick, thanks!

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2011 : automatically selecting the best result from TM

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search