Thread poster: Nico Wagner

Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:28
English to German
Apr 7, 2014

Hello fellow translators,

I have the following problem:

A customer handed me .html-files and wants me to deliver in the .ttx-format. Is there any way to do this in Trados Studio 2014?

I already tried the "sdlxliff to Legacy converter" from translationzone.com, but it explicitly states that only files up to Studio 2011 are supported and crashes with an error message when I try to convert my .sdlxliff-files.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 13:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL TTX It! Apr 8, 2014

Hi Nico,

You can convert .html files with SDL TTX It! application, available at the SDL OpenExchange.

1. Run the application, which you can find at the Welcome tab.
2. Add the source files.
3. Select the Source language.
4. Click on INI files and add the .ini file.
5. Click on Convert to create the ttx files.

Regards,

Òscar

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:28
English
I think SDL Legit! is more reliable... Apr 8, 2014

... than TTXit! because it creates fully segmented TTX files. See this article : http://wp.me/s2xDjK-unclean

TTXit! does have it’s advantages, but to reduce the risk of a file not opening when it gets back into Trados 2007 Legit! would be the more robust choice.

Regards

Paul

Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:28
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
TTXit! doesn´t start under Windows 8 Apr 9, 2014

Hello and thank you for your ideas!

I have already tried TTXit!, but the application simply fails to start under Windows 8, leaving nothing but an obscure error message in the event log. XP Compatibility Mode didn´t help.

I will take a look at SDL legit!, but for now I got the customer to send me the source files in the .ttx-format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create .ttx in Studio 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search