Cannot generate target translations, Studio 2011
Thread poster: flarrazabal

flarrazabal
Japan
Local time: 17:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2014

Original files, MIF from FrameMaker 12. Windows 7 Ultimate.

It is not possible to generate target translations neither using individual files and "save target as" nor in a batch task.
´
(We generated target translations for some of the languages in the project but cannot do it for other languages, all of them Western ones.)

Some of the error messages:

Could not find file 'C:\... AppData\Local\Temp\SDLTempFileManager\55fvcdzd.mt3'
Could not find file 'C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\SDLTempFileManager\smo45tk0.50e'

and so and so on.

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Temporary files? Apr 9, 2014

This has happened to me (I also have Windows 7 Ultimate ed.) when I have been away from Studio for a while, without closing the program, and temporary project files have been deleted by some task running in the background. I have been using Studio for 3 years, and this never happened before. It began happening 3 or 4 months ago, and I wonder if it has something to do with some Windows update.

Solving the problem required redefining the project, and automatically translating the files again, because everything was in the TM.

Now I never walk away from the computer without doing a Save and closing the Editor, or closing Studio.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot generate target translations, Studio 2011

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search