2014 aligned segments at 99%
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:46
French to English
+ ...
Apr 9, 2014

Hi, I have found when aligning files in Trados 2014 that everything is set at 99%; I have to go through and confirm it all (it is aligned fine).

I'm talking about very straightforward documents, using the minimum alignment quality value (which is what I gather is right for files that have a simple segment-to-segment match).

I've played around with the settings but can't see how to persuade it to go as far as 100% and confirming them.

Any hints, please? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jiří Kopuletý  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2013)
English to Czech
+ ...
Change segment status Apr 9, 2014

Hi Sian,

Here's what I know that works in Trados 2011: Select all the segments you need, then right click and expand the "Change segment status" menu and choose "Translated".

Would that do the job?

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - that sounds like a reasonable workaround (still hope for a solution) Apr 9, 2014

Hi Jiří - thanks for this. I'm sure I can do the same thing in 2014 and it's a nice workaround solution, definitely.

I am still hoping one of our friendly Trados Support guys will be able to point me at a way to make this happen automatically, though

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The default settings apply a 1% penalty Apr 9, 2014

Hi Sian,

Just change the defaults in File -> Options -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Translation Memory & Automated Translation -> Penalties to zero.

Then you’ll always get 100%. The reason the default has a penalty is because at the moment you have no chance to edit the alignment, so you don't really want a 100% match on everything from the alignment.

SP1, due soon, has an alignment editor so you can correct the alignment before updating the results to a Translation Memory.

Regards

Paul

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is the BEST news! Apr 9, 2014

Hi, Paul - thanks for the tip on penalties (I have never touched them, I shall investigate that functionality further now).

That is simply the BEST news about SP1 providing an alignment interface! I quite understand the caution on setting the penalty to ensure 99% given there is no way to validate the alignment at the moment (but it's nice to know there's a way to force it to 100% if I feel secure about it).

I know you can't give fixed dates (far too dangerous with software projects!), but is 'due soon' probably weeks or months, do you know? Any other goodies in it worth mentioning, by way of additional functionality or major fixes?

Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Best news... Apr 9, 2014

... and there is more news! But I can’t share this with you yet. Due soon means this month... exactly when I’m not sure.

Regards

Paul

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So excited! Apr 9, 2014

But you can't say what aaaaagh. Still - not long to wait, that is great. Thanks Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2014 aligned segments at 99%

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search