Bilingual DOC file in Studio 2014 - cannot see untranslated segments
Thread poster: Alveana
Alveana
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2014

Hello, I have been using Trados Workbench 2007 and now am investigating SDL Studio 2014 before purchase, so some things are rather difficult for me to grasp, especially working with legacy files.
I guess my question is rather silly, but I can't find the solution:
The client has given me a bilingual pretranslated DOC file, so some sentences have been pretranslated, others have been not.
When I select "Translate single document" to edit pretranslated segments and translate unntranslated ones, the editor shows me only pretranslated segments (in "All segments" review mode). If I set the option"Not translated" in the "Review" window , the editor shows no segments at all, but at the same time the info says that only 60% of the document is translated.

What do I need to do to see all segments?

I guess the solution is very simple, but I haven't found it in the Migration guide.

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:42
English
Fully segmented files only Apr 11, 2014

Hi,

You need to make sure that the file is fully segmented. Your client could do this easily when they prepare the file just by checking on box "Segment unknown sentences".

Regards

Paul

Alveana
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for help! Apr 13, 2014

Thank you very much! So segmenting is the problem. I guess I can segment the rest of the document myself with Trados Workbench or Studio 2014 when the client hasn't done it.
Thanks again!

[Edited at 2014-04-13 23:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual DOC file in Studio 2014 - cannot see untranslated segments

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search