Upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus
Thread poster: Fernando Santos

Fernando Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:17
English to Portuguese
Apr 13, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I have installed SDL Trados 2007 Freelance in my PC and I want to upgrade to the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus, but on the top of the SDL upgrade window it appears the message "Upgrading means the license(s), indicated below on the left, will be removed and will be replaced with the license(s) shown on the right. "

The licence indicated on the left is SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and on the right SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus.

Does this means that I can no longer reinstall the Trados 2007 Freelance, if I need to do so or work with
both versions installed in the same PC?

Thanks in advance for all the informations!

Best Regards,
Fernando Santos

Coimbra, Portugal

Direct link Reply with quote

Alejandro Garcia-Quismondo Cartes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:17
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
License replacement Apr 14, 2014

Hi Fernando,

I made a similar upgrade from 2 Trados versions some time ago and indeed it meant that you will no longer be able to install and activate previous version in your computer. However, as far as I know, current copy of previous version in your computer will still be functional until it is uninstalled or in case that computer crashes. Afterwards, you will no longer have access to previous version.

In any case, I recommend you to issue a support ticket in SDL page so they can re-confirm the above information before completing purchase.

Best regards
Alejandro García

Fernando Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:17
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade Apr 14, 2014

Hi, Alejandro,

"In any case, I recommend you to issue a support ticket in SDL page so they can re-confirm the above information before completing purchase."

I already bought the upgrade.

Best Regards,
Fernando Santos

Coimbra, Portugal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search