Thread poster: Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:01
English to German
+ ...
Apr 14, 2014

Hi Prozzers,
Any idea what to do about text in cells that are "concealed" by the "Group & Outline" feature?

A customer has sent me a large Excel file with significant amounts of text that are concealed from view until you click on the Plus symbol in the header or column. I was hoping that by displaying this text and saving the Excel file, the text would be "seen" and imported by Studio.

No such luck.

Right now I'm working around by cutting & pasting into Word. Is there an alternative?

- SDL Studio 2011
- Office 2010
- Win 7 64-bit

Thanks,
-Mike-

[Edited at 2014-04-14 15:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
If I understand you correctly... Apr 14, 2014

... then you have two ways at least.

1. Click in the smallest number in the file in Excel, the one in the outline column on the left. This will expand everything so it’s not hidden
  2. Check the Hidden content (columns, rows, sheets) under Common in the filetype options in Studio

The Groups & Outlines feature is just a way of hiding text automatically based on totalling usually. And Studio hides hidden content by default.

Regards

Paul

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Apr 15, 2014

Fabulous! Step 2 was what I was missing.
Thanks again!
-Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text in Excel "Group & Outline" not imported

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search