Thread poster: JudithPattinson

JudithPattinson  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:38
Member (2011)
German to English
Apr 15, 2014

Hi all,

after uploading the 2014 trial and using it a couple of times before it expired , I find that my previously functional PAID 2011 freelance licence expired *****at the same time*****, and I now can't reactivate it (allegedly because I haven't deactivated it on "another computer").

This wasn't an issue before I installed the trial.

As I don't *pay* for support from Trados, I am reliant on generalised instructions from their "Support Centre" i.e. their FAQs, which *do not help in the slightest* in this case.

I am desperate to reactivate so I can make my deadlines.

Any help would be most appreciated!!!

Judith Pattinson

Direct link Reply with quote

Ravi Kumar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:08
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Contact a Trados reseller Apr 15, 2014

For this issue
1. You can contact Trados support directly.
2. The other way is to contact the local Trados reseller and check if there is a solution.
3. If you can have another computer install Trados 2014 trial version on that computer so that you can complete your Project.

Regards,
Ravi

Australia
Member (2011)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot contact Support directly Apr 15, 2014

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I cannot contact Support directly however, even though the SDL website implies that this is the case. SDL states that I can get help "from the Support Centre" free of charge (!) on licensing issues -- but this merely links to information on the website that doesn't help me, even if I keep following the "tree" of information right to the end (which I have so far done about three times in case I missed anything).

There is a very confusing statement that I can *log* a complaint with SDL, but as far as I can tell, this is misleading as it also gets me back to an invitation to pay for support.

This is ****so***** frustrating.

I could try contacting a local reseller, it's true (although I'm not sure why they should have to do SDL's job!!). However, as I was not all that impressed with the trial upgrade -- and even less by the fact that it caused my 2011 licence to expire -- at the moment I would hesitate to give any reseller the impression that I am eager to give SDL any more of my money!

Cheers

Judith

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:38
English
You can contact Support Apr 15, 2014

Hi Judith,

I don't know where you looked, but perhaps you can share this with me so if the route doesn't go anywhere we can fix it.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passolo – 2011 or 2014
-- I need to have my license reset

Pick the correct route for you and if appropriate you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Australia
Member (2011)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed by SDL Support! Apr 15, 2014

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

In the mean time I had kept googling and found that the key to finding an actual form to fill in was not searching for the info on licence activation or deactivation, which I had been doing, but the phrase "licence reset", so I went back to the Support Centre and filled in the right form finally.

My licence was in fact deactivated within 21 minutes of me filling in the form, and I even received a follow-up phone call, so I have to say that (once I had finally found the right link) I was extremely impressed by the SDL response.

Regards

Judith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2014 trial caused 2011 licence to expire URGENT :(

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search