Error "Termbases could not be connected so term recognition cannot use these termbases"
Thread poster: Laura Bremen-Schevers
Laura Bremen-Schevers
Laura Bremen-Schevers
Netherlands
Local time: 03:44
Member (2015)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 16, 2014

Hi,

When opening a my client's project package in Trados Studio 14, I get an error, saying "Termbases ... could not be connected so term recognition cannot use these termbases".

Does anyone now what causes this problem? And more important, does anyone know how to solve it?

Fernando Tognis

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:44
English
Connect the termbase? Apr 16, 2014

Hi,

This seems like an informational message. Did you client use a MultiTerm Server when creating the Project, but didn't give you the credentials to connect to it? Or did they create a Project with file-based Termbases in there and then omit them from the package they sent you?

I think the resolution to the problem is probably to see whether you can locate and connect the termbases mentioned. If you can't then you can either ignore this (it's not required for transl
... See more
Hi,

This seems like an informational message. Did you client use a MultiTerm Server when creating the Project, but didn't give you the credentials to connect to it? Or did they create a Project with file-based Termbases in there and then omit them from the package they sent you?

I think the resolution to the problem is probably to see whether you can locate and connect the termbases mentioned. If you can't then you can either ignore this (it's not required for translation of the work) or ask your Client.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Olivier Blanc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error "Termbases could not be connected so term recognition cannot use these termbases"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »