Terms Not Displayed
Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:00
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2014

I have asked about any other plugins to replace the multiterm earlier.

I would like to ask users to share their opinions about any other ways to manage terminology.

Last time I heard about term injector. Does anyone use anything else.

Honestly, I am completely disappointed in multiterm, as again and again the terms are not displayed in the term recognition window and I don't know what to do about that. (I have settings: two ticks, 30-999-20 in multiterm). I would just add a term and the term would not be displayed in the term recognition window. I have tried to add a larger portion of this segment and this way this portion is displayed in the term recognition window.


Direct link
 

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
Member (2012)
German to English
MultiTerm disappointment Apr 22, 2014

I agree that Trados's solution to term bases is a complete disappointment.

In my experience, associating a document/project with a term base tends to make the entire program unstable. Then I will always run into terms that are being "currently used by another user", even though I am the only one who could possibly be using it, and thus cannot be edited. And then the problem that you refer to, where I have entered the term, but it does not appear highlighted in the source text.

My trial of memoQ revealed that the situation was even worse. Trados will not display any suggestions unless you have entered them in a term base associated with the document. MemoQ does so automatically.

So no help, just commiseration.

[Edited at 2014-04-22 07:13 GMT]


Direct link
 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:00
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Using termbases in a project Apr 22, 2014

Eric Zink wrote:

Trados will not display any suggestions unless you have entered them in a term base associated with the document. MemoQ does so automatically.


In this respect, both programs work the same way. You have to associate the term base with your project. It's quite logical, I think.

Eric Zink wrote:
I am completely disappointed in multiterm, as again and again the terms are not displayed in the term recognition window and I don't know what to do about that.


If the terms aren't displayed due to Jave issues or any other bug, the best thing is to contact SDL support through the Solution Finder: http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf


Direct link
 

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
Member (2012)
German to English
Not the same Apr 22, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
In this respect, both programs work the same way. You have to associate the term base with your project.


If you want to get suggestion from a term base in memoQ, then yes, it must be associated. But memoQ also suggests terms automatically without any term base associated. If Trados does that, it's hidden the function well enough that I have never discovered it.


Direct link
 
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:00
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
autosuggest? Apr 22, 2014

Eric Zink wrote:

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
In this respect, both programs work the same way. You have to associate the term base with your project.


If you want to get suggestion from a term base in memoQ, then yes, it must be associated. But memoQ also suggests terms automatically without any term base associated. If Trados does that, it's hidden the function well enough that I have never discovered it.


That's an interesting topic. Eric, do you refer to audosuggest in memo?


Direct link
 
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:00
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's a bug Apr 22, 2014

Eric Zink wrote:

I agree that Trados's solution to term bases is a complete disappointment.

In my experience, associating a document/project with a term base tends to make the entire program unstable. Then I will always run into terms that are being "currently used by another user", even though I am the only one who could possibly be using it, and thus cannot be edited. And then the problem that you refer to, where I have entered the term, but it does not appear highlighted in the source text.

My trial of memoQ revealed that the situation was even worse. Trados will not display any suggestions unless you have entered them in a term base associated with the document. MemoQ does so automatically.

So no help, just commiseration.

[Edited at 2014-04-22 07:13 GMT]


That's a bug. You have to fix it.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/265543-trados_2014_crashed_after_adding_a_term.html


Direct link
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms Not Displayed

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search