Install 2011 Professional AND 2014 Trial at the same time?
Thread poster: JHGB

JHGB  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:26
Apr 21, 2014

I currently have Studio 2011 Professional running, but need to test a project in 2014 and would like to install a Studio 2014 trial. Will this mess with my 2011 version? Can I run both separately at the same time?

Thank you for any advice!

Jenny H.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:26
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Not sure Apr 21, 2014

I'm not sure. Someone ran into problems with this last week:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267673-2014_trial_caused_2011_licence_to_expire_urgent.html

If you actually upgrade, you'll be able to run both versions side by side, but it seems the trial version may cause licensing problems.

I wouldn't do it unless you're in between projects and it's a working day so you can get support from SDL if you need it. (NB, today's a bank holiday in many parts of Europe).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install 2011 Professional AND 2014 Trial at the same time?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search