How to control digit grouping in Trados Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Joseph Leist
Joseph Leist
Joseph Leist
Sweden
Local time: 19:13
Swedish to German
+ ...
Apr 23, 2014

I'm translating from Swedish to German and would like the digit grouping character to always be a nbsp [ ].

When I get a number from the source text, I want it to always display a nbsp after each three digits for numbers from 10 000 onwards (so that 10.000, 10 000 and 10000 would all translate to 10 000). However, when I check the Box for Numbers under Options->Language Pairs->[Specific language pair]->Translation Memory and Automated Translation->Auto-substitution, Trados alway
... See more
I'm translating from Swedish to German and would like the digit grouping character to always be a nbsp [ ].

When I get a number from the source text, I want it to always display a nbsp after each three digits for numbers from 10 000 onwards (so that 10.000, 10 000 and 10000 would all translate to 10 000). However, when I check the Box for Numbers under Options->Language Pairs->[Specific language pair]->Translation Memory and Automated Translation->Auto-substitution, Trados always uses a full stop [.] as digit grouping character. This is wrong in the German language (the full stop may be used when referring to money). How do I change that? In one of the older versions of Trados this could be changed, but I can't seem to find a way to do this with Studio 2014...

I appreciate any help with this.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TermInjector Apr 23, 2014

Download TermInjector from OpenExchange and use the following replacement rules should work flawlessly:

([0-9]+).([0-9]+) \1 \2
([0-9]+) ([0-9]+) \1 \2
([0-9].)([0-9]+) \1 \2

Non-breaking space between \1[]\2 + tab between last bracket and \1

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2014-04-23 22:22 GMT]

Joseph Leist
Joseph Leist
Sweden
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
would try, but can't get the plugin... Apr 24, 2014

Thanks for the response. This sounds promising. I will try...

However, It doesn't say it is compatible with 2014. It might be, though, since a lot of the 2011 plugins are compatible with 2014.

The problem for me is that I can not seem to be able to download the plugin, since I get the following error: "The requested URL /terminjector21.zip was not found on this server." Is the plugin still available? I mi
... See more
Thanks for the response. This sounds promising. I will try...

However, It doesn't say it is compatible with 2014. It might be, though, since a lot of the 2011 plugins are compatible with 2014.

The problem for me is that I can not seem to be able to download the plugin, since I get the following error: "The requested URL /terminjector21.zip was not found on this server." Is the plugin still available? I might just try again later...

[Edited at 2014-04-24 06:40 GMT]
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Additional Information Apr 24, 2014

It was late last night so I overlooked a number of things. Your first issue might be a browser issue, use IE or whatever SDL is recommending. If you have 2011 installed, copy the plug-in (TermInjector.sdlplugin) from the following location:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages

to

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages

Restart 2014 and it'll unpack automatically.
... See more
It was late last night so I overlooked a number of things. Your first issue might be a browser issue, use IE or whatever SDL is recommending. If you have 2011 installed, copy the plug-in (TermInjector.sdlplugin) from the following location:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages

to

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages

Restart 2014 and it'll unpack automatically.

When creating the replacement rules or exact match rules, make sure you save your file as UTF-8 (default is ANSI in Notepad). Also, refer to online help and/or Paul's blog for further information: http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/08/31/terminjector/

Drop me an e-mail if you're stuck.

HTH,

Bernard
Collapse

Joseph Leist
Joseph Leist
Sweden
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the clarification Apr 24, 2014

Thank you for that clarification. Late night posts are always appreciated. I already found the post on Paul's blog. Always nice to read his blog.

The download problem seems to be a persistent one, however, since the error is reproduced in Chrome, Firefox and IE. I did try to contact Tommi and even wrote a comment on Paul's blog, so hopefully, this can be figured out.

I'll report back, once I actually have
... See more
Thank you for that clarification. Late night posts are always appreciated. I already found the post on Paul's blog. Always nice to read his blog.

The download problem seems to be a persistent one, however, since the error is reproduced in Chrome, Firefox and IE. I did try to contact Tommi and even wrote a comment on Paul's blog, so hopefully, this can be figured out.

I'll report back, once I actually have the plugin...

[EDIT]

Just got a response from Tommi. He says he's working on a new version and that he had already removed the old one from his site. Tommi said that the new version (2.2) should be available within a few weeks. Guess I have to wait until then.

[Edited at 2014-04-24 08:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-24 14:16 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to control digit grouping in Trados Studio 2014?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »