euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 17:32
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 25, 2014

Hi All,

I am a recent user of Studio 2011, and have already encountered many issues (hating it)
After finishing my translation, I tried to save the target file, but the following problem appeared:

>Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: group, body, file, xliff. Line 10785, position 1.

The .sdlxliff file won´t open and won´t be imported to the TM.
I tried to open a fresh source language, but then
... See more
Hi All,

I am a recent user of Studio 2011, and have already encountered many issues (hating it)
After finishing my translation, I tried to save the target file, but the following problem appeared:

>Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: group, body, file, xliff. Line 10785, position 1.

The .sdlxliff file won´t open and won´t be imported to the TM.
I tried to open a fresh source language, but then I realised the TM had not been fully updated. All updates seem to come from the multiple import instances I made from the .sdlxliff file to the TM (a previous problem which solution I found here).

So now, I have a 80% translated file, and few hours before the deadline. Does anyone have a better solution than retranslating?

Thanks much in advance.

[Edited at 2014-04-25 01:34 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-25 13:36 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:32
English
The error message... Apr 25, 2014

... points towards the sdlxliff file being corrupted as it seems to be missing some of the file.

I don't know why you have to work by importing the sdlxliff to the TM to get an update as you should be updating the TM as you work. But if you have not done this, and if the sdlxliff file is corrupted then it may be tricky to recover without manually trying to repair the file.

If you can share the sdlxliff file with me I can take a look?

Regards

P
... See more
... points towards the sdlxliff file being corrupted as it seems to be missing some of the file.

I don't know why you have to work by importing the sdlxliff to the TM to get an update as you should be updating the TM as you work. But if you have not done this, and if the sdlxliff file is corrupted then it may be tricky to recover without manually trying to repair the file.

If you can share the sdlxliff file with me I can take a look?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdlxliff file corrupted won´t open and TM was not updated

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »