Thread poster: FrancesGiannoni

FrancesGiannoni  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:10
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2014

Hello, I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2014 Demo. I am trying to link to Google Translate, but I created the initial user with a Yahoo! account. Any way to get around this?

Thank you!

[Edited at 2014-04-27 23:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-27 23:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sanych_Msk  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:10
Member (2010)
English to Russian
Google Automatic Translation Apr 29, 2014

I consider Google Translate (connected with Studio 2011/2014) to be a very helpful tool. Definitly, it gives a draft (raw) translation, that still needs human involvement.

To activate this function one should open a Google (gmail.com) account and to send them plastic card details (for Google to be able to withdraw your money). The activation code is a string of 40 symbols, that you should enter just once.

For me the amount of money paid rarely exceeds several US Dollars per month with pretty big volume of traslation job.

I may also recommend you to switch automatic translation temporarily off, when Translation Memories, Concordance Search, etc. give good results. And Google translation may be switched on for some paragraphs, that require to be translated "from a scratch". That makes it possible to save some money on Google.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Google Translate

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search