Can 2007 Online TM be used with Trados 2011?
Thread poster: Hakan Kiyici

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:46
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 28, 2014

Hello,

I might be a rather simple question, but I don't have much experience with 2007, other than segmenting docs for bilingual output.

One client is specifically working with 2007 online TM. I worked with 2007 files in TTX format before. I was just wondering if it would be possible to conenct to that 2007 Online TM over 2011?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thank you
Best

Hakan

Direct link Reply with quote

Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:46
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
same question here Apr 28, 2014

I can't find any way to connect from Studio 2014 to a server based Trados 2007 TM. Still works fine from tageditor/workbench but I prefer Studio 2014 and the customer only has an online TM...

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:46
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
can you check this Apr 28, 2014

I have found SDLX Translation Memory Plug-in for SDL Trados Studio in open exchange. It gives SDL Translation Management System option.

As don't have an online TM ready to check, can you check that plugin and see if it works?

It might be a solution to this problem.

Ronald van Riet wrote:

I can't find any way to connect from Studio 2014 to a server based Trados 2007 TM. Still works fine from tageditor/workbench but I prefer Studio 2014 and the customer only has an online TM...

Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:46
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
that seems to work only for SDLX compatible TMs Apr 28, 2014

that seems to work only for SDLX compatible TMs, not for workbench/tageditor TMs...

It is really getting time the translation agencies drop the 2007 stuff: 7 years old, that really is too long...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can 2007 Online TM be used with Trados 2011?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search