Studio 2014 SP1 no longer handles filters properly
Thread poster: philwhite
philwhite
Local time: 17:42
German to English
Apr 29, 2014

Although I continue to use 2011 myself for reasons of accessibility, I keep 2014 up to date to ensure that I am aware of new functions and so on.

I just upgraded 2014 t 2014 SP1.

All of our TMs have (at least) 2 fields, Product and Status. Product accepts multiple values and Status does not.

We then filter on "Status = Approved" AND "Product CONTAINS xxxx".

After installing SP1, I now get a filter penalty because the contents of the Status field are not recognized.

Looking at segments in the TM window, the Status field never has any entry displayed (although most are set to "Approved").

Opening the same TM in 2011 shows that the field content is present and filtering works correctly.

This issue affects 100% of our translation memories and projects (i.e. 100% matches only appear as 99% matches. It is a showstopper for us.

How do I roll back to the last version?

Direct link Reply with quote

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshots Apr 30, 2014

This is the segment information for a segment in the TM editor in 2011

This is the information for the same unit in 2014 SP1.

It recognizes that the Status field is there, and the drop-down contains the "Approved" entry, but the value is never identified.

Does anyone please have any suggestions, as we really need to use the new FrameMaker filter in 2014 SP1, at least to create the SDLXLIFFs, which I then edit in 2011.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Support Update Apr 30, 2014

Hi Phil

We have tried to reproduce the issue on our side and have not been able to do so, so the issue may be related to this particular TM. Please can you try the following to see if this helps:

A. Re-index the Translation Memory, to do this:

1. Make sure the TM is not in use
2. Goto the 'Translation Memories' window
3. Locate your TM in the Translation Memories pane on the left hand side
4. Right-click and select 'Settings'
5. Goto 'Performance and Tuning'
6. Now click on 'Re-index Translation Memory'
7. See if this now works in the Editor

B. Export the TM to .TMX format and then import into a new TM

C. Please provide SDL Support the TM so we can investigate further

Thanks
Fas
SDL Support

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No success as yet Apr 30, 2014

a) Re-indexing does not work
b) Exporting and importing to a new TM (created using the old one as a template) does not work

Creating a new TM using the old one as a template, importing an SDLXLIFF with the appropriate field settings and using this TM delivers correct behaviour.

It appears to affect all of our very large, old TMs that were converted from Workbench format, but not the newer ones.

I tried to send one of these TMs, but it was rejected by the SDL mail server (50+ MB zipped). I have now put it on our FTP server and informed you by email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP1 no longer handles filters properly

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search