Multiterm Does Not Display Terms
Thread poster: Worder Company

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:53
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2014

I am translating a couple of pages of quite standard force majeure clauses.

There are a lot of terms that have been included in the the termbase earlier and I would like to use them.

I have got a couple of large sentences (there is an example below). Unfortunately, multiterm would not display such words as "lockout", "labor disputes", etc.

But, if I split this sentence in several (examples below) and upload to trados, using the same termbases, then all of the terms are display.

Has anyone thought of any solution based on this finding before (i.e. you have to have a particular size TU to leverage multiterm to the maximum)? I mean, it's not really an issue in this document, if I have a sentence broked up across 3-4 segments -- it's a standard agreement. And I would be happy to do the following:

1) Split in some way such sentences,
2) translate the text & place the whole sentence in the first of the segments for this sentence
3) upload a file, the sentences in which have not been split, pre-translate and add any TMs that have not been added in these cases. (the only problem is that if you split the sentences in any way automatically, then you will not be able to pre-translate the text using the TM, since all of the segments would be non-TMs).

Non-split sentence:

Neither Party shall be liable nor deemed to be in default for any delay or failure to perform under the Agreement due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control and not due to its negligence or fault, such as but not limited to : acts of God or public enemy, act of government, any law, decision, regulation, directive or other act of any government, of the European Union authorities or of any department, commission, board, bureau, agency or court, war or civil war, armed hostilities, insurrection, riot, acts of nature such as fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, natural disaster, accident, epidemic, quarantine, restrictions, labour disputes, lockout or serious accidents (resulting in the cessation, slowdown or stoppage of work), embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities; and which prevent such Party from performing its obligations under the Agreement (“Force Majeure”).

Split sentence (just split in 3-4 places):

Neither Party shall be liable nor deemed to be in default for any delay or failure to perform under the Agreement due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control and not due to its negligence or fault, such as but not limited to : acts of God or public enemy, act of government,

any law, decision, regulation, directive or other act of any government, of the European Union authorities or of any department, commission, board, bureau,

agency or court, war or civil war, armed hostilities, insurrection, riot, acts of nature such as fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, natural disaster, accident, epidemic,

quarantine, restrictions, labour disputes, lockout or serious accidents (resulting in the cessation, slowdown or stoppage of work), embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities; and which prevent such Party from performing its obligations under the Agreement (“Force Majeure”).

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to French
+ ...
Issue Reproduced Apr 30, 2014

Hi Andrew,

I reproduced the issue in French, the only term display in TB is acts of God... so I used TermInjector as an alternative, see screenshot.

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/blieber45/media/Acts_of_God_zpsc42e8f48.jpg.html?filters[user]=136107018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Cheers,

Bernard

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
how to enable Terminjector Apr 30, 2014

[quote]Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Andrew,

I reproduced the issue in French, the only term display in TB is acts of God... so I used TermInjector as an alternative, see screenshot.

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/blieber45/media/Acts_of_God_zpsc42e8f48.jpg.html?filters[user]=136107018&filters
]=1&sort=1&o=0

Cheers,

Bernard

Bernard, I have Terminjector installed but haven't found the way to enable it and use it... it is a mystery for me. please tell us how to actívate it!
thanks.

English to French
+ ...
Studio May 1, 2014

What version of Studio would you like to use it with?

Cheers,

Bernard

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Studio 2014 May 1, 2014

Bernard Lieber wrote:

What version of Studio would you like to use it with?

Cheers,

Bernard

hi Bernard, thanks for replying!
I wasn't aware it might be different for each Studio versión.
I'd like to use it with Studio 2014.
in fact, I have Terminjector enabled in my list of plug-ins in Studio 2014, but haven't found a way of making it do anything.
cheers!

English to French
+ ...
Studio 2014 May 1, 2014

Hi Lorenzo,

The current version of TermInjector (available on OpenExchange) installs ok under 2009 & 2011. If you have it installed under 2011, copy the plug-in (TermInjector.sdlplugin) from the following location:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages

to

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages

Restart 2014 and it'll unpack automatically.

A new and even more powerful version should be available within a couple of weeks!

Under Project Settings in addition to your TM, select TermInjector translation provider:

1) Create an Exact match rule file
2) Create a Regular expression rule file
3) Attach a TM
4) Check Advanced Setting and options as appropriate

When creating the replacement rules or exact match rules, make sure you save your file as UTF-8 (default encoding is ANSI in Notepad). Also, refer to online help and/or Paul's blog for further information: http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/08/31/terminjector/

Drop me an e-mail if you're stuck.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2014-05-01 12:41 GMT]

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
thanks Bernard May 1, 2014

I'll have a look at Paul's blog to learn what you explain.
I'm afraid I'm a bit lost right now!
many thanks for your help.

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:53
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem with injector May 3, 2014

I am starting to use terminjector.

I have the following problem:

the term is displayed in the translation results window, but it is not displayed in the term recognition window. The term is in the MT termbase and is in the word pad file for injector (utf-8, only two columns copied). The injector only has a dummy TM.

What should I do in this case?

Please find below the screenshot for this case.

http://share.pho.to/5UMpD

English to French
+ ...
The answer May 4, 2014

I’m afraid is in the very thread you started – TermInjector will ALWAYS display the terms you entered into the exact match rule file in the TM results pane (unless you mistyped an entry). As you pointed out, terms from Multiterm are not always displayed in the TB pane (clearly bugged) even if the same terms are available in both TermInjector and Multiterm.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Does Not Display Terms

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search