Return package in Studio 2014!
Thread poster: BrittElli

BrittElli  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:10
Swedish to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2014

I have just upgraded to do an urgent small job, and the option "Create Return Package" is grayed out!!! I've scoured the Internet to try to find the solution, to no avail.. I need to send a return package which the client can read using Studio 2011.

Ala Barkar  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Save the file Apr 30, 2014

Hi! I had this problem a while ago, I am not sure right now how I solved it (but it worked fine), I think I just saved the working package (Save as...) in a separate folder. The same works with batch tasks, you cannot perform a batch task (e.g. pre-translate) until you save the bilingual file. If this doesn't help, I will try to look into this problem.

Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:10
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Change status of the project! Apr 30, 2014

Hi!

Can you change the project status from "Completed" to "In Progress"? Maybe that will work!

Cheers,

Maria

Rodrigo Cayres  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solution Sep 26, 2014

I've had this problem today and tried Maria Popova's solution. It really worked. Thank you!

Solution: Select the project and, in the Home tab, click on "Revert to In Progress" in the Tasks menu.

Regards,
Rodrigo

---------
Trados Studio 2014 SP1
Win 8.1

conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:10
Member (2003)
Japanese to English
+ ...
I set to "in progress" and it did not work. Oct 8, 2015

This project was created by me in Studio 2015 using the source files. It was not created using a package. If anyone can help I really appreciate it.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
@conejo Oct 8, 2015

Hi,
To be able to create a return package, you should have used a project package created with the Professional version of Studio with files to translate. If you create a project locally in your machine, as you said you had, you can't create return packages.
So you needn't worry!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Return package in Studio 2014!

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search