Thread poster: Jo Rourke

Jo Rourke  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2014

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can help. I have just purchased the upgrade from Trados Studio Freelance Plus 2011 to Studio 2014. I have managed to install it with no problems at all on my desktop but cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong with the installation on my laptop, as it is (supposedly!) the newer and faster machine (it's about 8 weeks old). I have tried the download on Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari and nothing has worked. Earlier on it seemed to be getting about 50MB into the 342MB download before stopping, but it's now only getting about 0.2MB in. It keeps coming up "Network Error". I have never installed Trados on this machine before so I didn't have to un-install anything. I don't know if this information is relevant but it runs on Windows 8.1, it's a Dell Inspiron Notebook 5537, the memory is 8GB and the processor is an i5 4th generation. I don't know if the problem is the software, my machine or my connection (or maybe a combination!) Any suggestions or help anyone could give would be gratefully received. Please just ask if I haven't provided enough info.

Thank you!

Jo

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:27
English
Sounds like a problem with your network... Apr 30, 2014

... or ours! But either way... if you have this on your other computer already then why don't you simply copy the installation file with a USB stick or something and don't download it again at all?

Regards

Paul

Jo Rourke  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 30, 2014

That sounds like a good idea! I will try this in the morning. Thanks Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot download and install Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search