What Do Internal Weighed Words Mean in Trados 2011's Report?
Thread poster: R.Yuli

R.Yuli
Local time: 12:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
May 1, 2014

Hi, I currently use Trados 2011. In a Trados report's from my latest project, it looks like this:

PerfectMatch
Context Match
Repetitions
Cross-file Repetitions
100%
95-99%
85-94%
75-84%
50-74%
--------
Internal
100%
95-99%
85-94%
75-84%
50-74%
--------
New
--------
Total

But I see in other project that the weighed words (95-99%, 85-94%, 75-84% and 50-74%) become one so the report look like this:

PerfectMatch
Context Match
Repetitions
Cross-file Repetitions
100%
95-99%
85-94%
75-84%
50-74%
--------
New
--------
Total

My company usually pays me for new words (titled as "new") also those 95-99%, 85-94%, 75-84% and 50-74% ones but now they won't pay the internal weighed words, while the majority of the weighed words are in internal section.

My questions are what is the differences between internal and other weighed words? What does that separation mean? Do I have to work on those internal weighed words too or is it the same thing with repetitions or 100% (that my company won't pay)?

Please, I need someone either from Trados or the others to answer this very soon before the payment comes, otherwise I wouldn't know if the company cheated on me.

Thank you.

[Diedit pada 2014-05-01 18:49 GMT]

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:43
German to English
+ ...
Have you asked the client? May 2, 2014

They are in the best position to answer your question.

R.Yuli
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't do that... May 2, 2014

Trudy Peters wrote:

They are in the best position to answer your question.

If I could do that, I would do it from yesterday. I think this company intend to be not honest so I need second opinion. Thank you

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:43
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Internal = within the text to be translated May 2, 2014

I think that 'internal' refers to fuzzy matches within the text, like 'semi repetitions', whilst the other matches are matches from the existing TM.
So if you have a sentence 1: I have to go and
sentence: I have to go home
within the same file/project, the second will be considered an internal fuzzy match.

R.Yuli
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can I earn payment for this? May 2, 2014

Renée van Bijsterveld wrote:

I think that 'internal' refers to fuzzy matches within the text, like 'semi repetitions', whilst the other matches are matches from the existing TM.
So if you have a sentence 1: I have to go and
sentence: I have to go home
within the same file/project, the second will be considered an internal fuzzy match.

So, that means I have to work on those ones too, right? Can I get paid because of that? Is it fair? Please, I really need answer very soon so I still can discuss it with the manager before the company pays me. Thank you

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:43
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yes May 2, 2014

Yes, internal fuzzies need to be treated (and paid) the same way as fuzzies from an existing TM.
My personal opinion would be that they should be paid in full, as new words.

R.Yuli
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's good! May 2, 2014

Renée van Bijsterveld wrote:

Yes, internal fuzzies need to be treated (and paid) the same way as fuzzies from an existing TM.
My personal opinion would be that they should be paid in full, as new words.

That's good, but unfortunately my company's only willing to pay 30-70% for those wordsicon_frown.gif Anyway, this is something I need to discuss with my manager. Thank you for the answer. Be my guest if anyone wanna add some other comments but please be quick so I can say it to the manager

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What Do Internal Weighed Words Mean in Trados 2011's Report?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search