MultiTerm Java 8.1 security message, app will be blocked
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
French to English
+ ...
May 2, 2014

Hi - I just opened MultiTerm Desktop 2011 (I have just applied SP1 so I guess I have 2014 somewhere but hey). I also, yesterday, after installing both SP1s, updated Java because it had security updates. So I think I'm on 8.1.

Anyway - when I selected to create a new Entry, it is prompting me to run a new app (did the same for Trados 2014 when first ran after update) Publisher SDL PLC, Location file://, 'This application will run with unrestricted access' etc (which did not enchant me then); this time, it adds 'This application will be blocked in a future Java security update because the JAR file manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Please contact the Publishers for more info.'

More info here
Clicking Run allows the application to run with unrestricted access to your personal files and other resources on your computer (for example, web cam and microphone).

more blah

Note to Publisher: Security features to prevent unauthorized redistribution of your Java application will cause the application to be blocked in the future. See current Java documentation about JAR Manifest entries...

blah. So, well, nice to get advance warning. Can't say I'm too happy about how your app is handling access, but whatever - you'll HAVE to fix this one pretty sharpish, eh!

Happy weekend...

Oh - anytime anyone would like to tell me how to paste screen shots here... would be delighted

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:47
Hi Sian... May 2, 2014

Maybe you want to give the Java Cleanup Tool a try. See for further information the post here:

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with SDL products? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here:
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here:

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Java 8.1 security message, app will be blocked

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search