very basic editing features missing or hidden?
Thread poster: sschmandt

sschmandt
Japanese to English
May 3, 2014

I've recently started using Studio 2011. I'm appalled at the lack of very basic editor features such as: there does not seem to be any 'undo' available to reverse even your very last change. The bold, italics, underline buttons are strictly one-way. I.e. I mark text and select one of these formats, but the buttons don't work to reverse the formatting. This makes the basic editor seem very expensive (in extra work) vs the same type of editing MS word. These seem like very basic features, esp undo.

Are these basic editing features available somewhere hidden?

If not, am I the only one who finds them important for editing productivity? If this is supposed to be a primary editing environment for translation, I'm a bit shocked to find these basics missing. I mean if you can provide hightlight text->apply bolding, it can't be very much work to provide hightlight text -> remove bolding.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:03
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
This has been discussed many times in this forum May 3, 2014

Please make a basic search in this forum.

Here is at least one of the existing threads on this topic:
http://www.proz.com/topic/257552

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

very basic editing features missing or hidden?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search