Error Message when saving Target Files
Thread poster: Nehad Hussein

Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
English to Arabic
May 3, 2014

Hello Prozians,

I have recently purchased SDL Trados 2014 and still have not mastered it yet. I was trying to save my target translation when the following message appeared:

Failed to save target content: Missing comment reference start tag with initials: SEMANTIS and number: 1. writing to word document not possible.

I am really frustrated as this is the second job to handle with Trados but when saving the file error message appears and I have to do lots of formatting manually. Please advise an overburdened translator .

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:39
Try pressing F8... May 3, 2014

... when the file is open in the Editor View. This is the default shortcut to run a verification. When you do this you will probably find a number of errors you need to correct before the file will save successfully. Most likely this is not a bug... it's just something you have to do to make sure the tags in the source side of the Editor are correctly transferred over to the target.

Maybe review this article as it is helpful in terms of understanding how to handle tags in a consistent way... irrespective of the source file you are translating :

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message when saving Target Files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search