Error Message when saving Target Files
Thread poster: Nehad Hussein

Nehad Hussein  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:32
English to Arabic
May 3, 2014

Hello Prozians,

I have recently purchased SDL Trados 2014 and still have not mastered it yet. I was trying to save my target translation when the following message appeared:

Failed to save target content: Missing comment reference start tag with initials: SEMANTIS and number: 1. writing to word document not possible.

I am really frustrated as this is the second job to handle with Trados but when saving the file error message appears and I have to do lots of formatting manually. Please advise an overburdened translator .

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:32
English
Try pressing F8... May 3, 2014

... when the file is open in the Editor View. This is the default shortcut to run a verification. When you do this you will probably find a number of errors you need to correct before the file will save successfully. Most likely this is not a bug... it's just something you have to do to make sure the tags in the source side of the Editor are correctly transferred over to the target.

Maybe review this article as it is helpful in terms of understanding how to handle tags in a consistent way... irrespective of the source file you are translating : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-9I

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message when saving Target Files

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search