ITD project, Studio 2011
Thread poster: EirikWS

EirikWS  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:37
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 3, 2014

I was recently given a big assignment for which I will be required to use the so-called ITD format. I am unfamiliar with this and have not been able to work out how it works after a little tinkering around with it, so I thought I'd ask you. I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2011. The project as it was sent to me is supposed to be in this format and I am expected to save it and return in it in ITD, so how do I do it? What I got was a .zip file; Trados won't let me open that. I've unzipped it and saved it to a folder, but none of the files look like obvious candidates for a project file. One of the folders bears the name of the target language and contains twelve or so .itd files, so I suppose this is where I have to start. I'd be very grateful if someone could walk me through this. I'm still pretty new to Trados.

I'll also need to make a TM for my language.

Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't edit May 3, 2014

OK, so I managed to open the IDT file and create a TM. But when I open one of the files for translation in the editor, it won't let me make any changes; when I try to modify or delete anything, I just get the Windows system noise that sounds a bit like a muted bell. What am I doing wrong? Moreover, the source text is duplicated in the target fields, ie, you get the same text on both sides. I would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
ITD = SDLx file format May 3, 2014

You should create a project and TM and import the file, then translate as usual. When done, choose Batch tasks > Finalize and look in the project folder and the subfolder named as the code of the target language (eg en-GB for British English), you'll find the translated and exported ITD file there.

Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 3, 2014

Tack! I'll try that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ITD project, Studio 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search