Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Source language shows in target field in Workbench
Thread poster: Dorte Scheeler
Dorte Scheeler United States Local time: 14:19 Member (2002) English to Danish + ...
May 5, 2014
I work with both Workbench and Studio 2014 and a few days ago Workbench started displaying the source language in both the source field and target field.
However, when I translate, close the string, keep working and then go back to the previous string, the target segment is Danish as it should be.
When I open the [correct] bi-lingual segment, the target field still shows English (source). When I right-click on the text in the source field (in Workbench) and select Edit Translation Unit, the string is in Danish in the new window that opens up.
So...source text displayed in target field in Workbench, but target text displayed correctly in the translated file and in the Edit Translation Unit window.
I do NOT have 'Copy source on no match' marked I did not pre-translate the file And it is happening with all my Workbench TMs, regardless of client, size of TM, etc.
I have not installed SP1 for Studio yet and have not done any other updates since Saturday when this mess started.
Any ideas as to what is going on?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.
SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.