Thread poster: Dorte Scheeler

Dorte Scheeler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:31
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
May 5, 2014

I work with both Workbench and Studio 2014 and a few days ago Workbench started displaying the source language in both the source field and target field.

However, when I translate, close the string, keep working and then go back to the previous string, the target segment is Danish as it should be.

When I open the [correct] bi-lingual segment, the target field still shows English (source).
When I right-click on the text in the source field (in Workbench) and select Edit Translation Unit, the string is in Danish in the new window that opens up.

So...source text displayed in target field in Workbench, but target text displayed correctly in the translated file and in the Edit Translation Unit window.

I do NOT have 'Copy source on no match' marked
I did not pre-translate the file
And it is happening with all my Workbench TMs, regardless of client, size of TM, etc.

I have not installed SP1 for Studio yet and have not done any other updates since Saturday when this mess started.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

TIA
Dorte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source language shows in target field in Workbench

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search