Trados Studio 2014 SP1 - Error_ Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: Lenka Zamisova

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:28
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
May 6, 2014

Hello. Please, I need urgent solution for this problem.
I may open all projects, but for all appears the same error Object reference not set to an instance of an object - and the TM for the project doesn´t open neither connect.
Could you suggest a solution, please....
Thank you in advan.ce

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Log a case through the solution finder.... May 6, 2014

Hi Lenka,

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it... you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved May 7, 2014

Thank you Paul. I have found solution for the problem in the indicated manual.

Kind regards.

Lenka

Christian Köstner  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Same problem for SDL 2014 SP1 May 7, 2014

Hello,
I have the same problem, however: I use SDL Trados 2014, Version 11.0.3720.0
Service Pack 1.
I have finished a translation and would like to save the target text to a folder, this is when this Error message appears (Object reference not set...).

I used your suggestion to go to the knowledge base, my inquiries lead me to a text called

"KB #4457 | Troubleshooting startup problems after installing SDL Trados Studio 2011 Service Pack 2"

The content of this text talks about SDL 2011 and/or Service pack 2 - But I have 2014 and Service Pack 1.
Does that solution still apply to my version?

Christian

[Edited at 2014-05-07 13:09 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
kb.sdl.com May 7, 2014

Hi Christian

I presume you are looking for this article:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4984

This is a general article that applies for 2011 and 2014.

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with SDL products? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P

Christian Köstner  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
The lottery continues... May 7, 2014

Tried everything, deinstalled the whole thing, downloaded the newest version from the SDL-Website, new installation.
Same problem.

I checked the article you posted, but the path "C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11.0.0.0" does not even exist.

If I try to search for the files that are supposed to be renamed - e.g. "Plugincache.xml", there is not hit in the search.

Becoming a little frustrated now (this is the second time Trados has failed on me like this and again I am getting this close to blow a client's deadline). I have lost half a day today trying to work around this.
My workaround so far: Highlighting the finished translation in the editor window, copy & paste into a word file and from there copy & paste every single paragraph over the source text of the original Word file.

[Edited at 2014-05-07 19:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 SP1 - Error_ Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search