Thread poster: Maria L

Maria L  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:57
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
May 6, 2014

Hej
Since I installed the Trados 2014 SP1 I get the following error when opening a project:
Fuzzy autopropagation not initialized
Parametername: _fuzzyMatchAutoprpagationProvider
I have turned off Autopropagation, the error still remains.
Grateful for help
Maria

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Log a case via the solution finder May 6, 2014

Hi Maria,

I have not seen this problem but you can log a case for this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it... you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

Steve Mayle  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2013)
Dutch to English
Same problem May 9, 2014

Hi Maria,

I've had the same problem since installing 2014 SP 1. Apparently what SP1 doesn't like is the very fact that you've disabled autopropagation. If you reactivate it the error message will stop appearing.

Annoying, isn't it?

I've gone through the procedure Paul gives in his reply, and the response from SDL was prompt and friendly but ultimately unhelpful. It seems that they're unable to replicate the problem and all they can suggest is resetting Studio (which means losing all my personal settings) which might or might not solve the problem.

What I've done for the time being is to reactivate autopropagation but with the prompting enabled so that I can choose what I want to do. But talk about the tail wagging the dog...

Did you manage to solve the problem?

And is there anyone else out there with the same issue?

Regards,
Steve

Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not solved yet May 12, 2014

Hej Steve!
Trados tried to be very helpful. I had a remote session but unfortunately the problem could not be solved. Autopropagate has to be turned on, otherwise the error occurs.
They work on it and come back to me when they solve the problem.
So, more news then!
Best regards
Maria

[Redigerad 2014-05-12 11:07 GMT]

Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393 May 13, 2014

Hej!
This seemes to have solved my problem.
Hurray
Maria

Hello Maria,

I managed to find another solution for your Studio problem.
Could you please follow the steps given in the kb article:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393

If you wish, I can connect to your computer to do the steps myself. Please let me know how it would best suit you.

Kind regards,
Georgiana

Steve Mayle  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2013)
Dutch to English
Personal settings? May 15, 2014

Hi Maria,

Sorry about the late reply, I'd forgotten to track the thread.

Glad to hear your problem's been solved, but does this amount to resetting Studio to its original settings? I'm a bit reluctant to do that, but if it definitely solves the problem I might give it a go. I'm particularly concerned about losing the language resource template, etc.

Thanks,
Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 - Auto Propagate error

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search