Thread poster: Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 8, 2014

Is there any way to run a QA in SDL Studio 2011 like on Xbench?

I used to run my Trados 7 files by XBench to find inconsistencies, etc. but I can not load the packages from 2011 on XBench. Is there any similar feature on Studio?

What I want it to be able to search for a word (source or target) and find all the files this word appears in, to then access the files and do the necessary changes.

Thanks for your help!

Paula

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
English to French
+ ...
SDL Batch Find & Replace May 8, 2014

Hi Paula,

The above plug-in is one of your options or with Xbench Add "Trados Studio Files" in fact in both cases you need to add the .sdlxliff files.

HTH,

Bernard

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:53
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Use Xbench - it fully supports SDL Trados Studio May 8, 2014

Paula Hernández wrote:

Is there any way to run a QA in SDL Studio 2011 like on Xbench?

I used to run my Trados 7 files by XBench to find inconsistencies, etc. but I can not load the packages from 2011 on XBench. Is there any similar feature on Studio?

What I want it to be able to search for a word (source or target) and find all the files this word appears in, to then access the files and do the necessary changes.

Thanks for your help!

Paula

Have you updated to the latest versions of Xbench?

Version 3.0 (no longer free - with added functionality) fully supports Studio (both memories and sdxliff files).

Even the forever free version 2.9 of Xbench supports Studio's sdxliff files.

If you upgrade to Studio 2014 Xbench now even offers a plug in for it (now in public beta), so you can launch Xbench QA from within Studio 2014.

You can download all the Xbench versions from Xbench.net

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to both of you May 11, 2014

I did not know I had Batch find and replace, and will most certainly use it!

For XBench, I probably did something wrong because it did not work with my file, but will try again because I love the program.

Again, thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2011 QA like XBench?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »