Thread poster: Marijana Tropin

Marijana Tropin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:19
English to Croatian
+ ...
May 11, 2014

Hi everyone,
I am trying to update my translation in Studio 2014 from a bilingual word file.
An editor made some changes in the word file using Track Changes and I accepted them and saved the file under a different name. Then I opened my original translation in Editor view, selected Review, then Update from External Review, selected the review file (bilingual file with changes accepted), Trados ran Batch Processing and asked me to reopen, and after I clicked on Yes, I saw my original translation. When I select segments that have been changed in the word file, I see no changes.
Did I miss a step? Any ideas?
This is a large translation project - 11 chapters of a book (and more coming my way) so it is not something I could quickly do manually.

Thanks so much for your help!

Marijana

[Edited at 2014-05-12 00:46 GMT]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:19
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Marijana May 12, 2014

The edited file should be saved under the same name and in the same folder, in other words, you should overwrite the file that you have sent to the editor with the one you have received back. This should help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update from external review

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search