Activation cancelled after update of 13 May 2014
Thread poster: Mike Sadler

Mike Sadler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 13, 2014

I started up Studio 2011 this morning after being away on holiday for two weeks to find a message asking me to download and install an update, which I did.
I then got a message saying my product was unlicensed. I tried pasting in my activation code, but got a message saying, "Activation failed. We cannot complete this activation because the license is still registered by SDL for another computer. Check that deactivation was completed on the other computer. (The deactivation must be sent to SDL.) (Support reference: LicenseNumberAlreadyUsed -23).

Well, there is no other computer. I haven't changed computer, or done anything at all so far as I know, other than download and install and update to an existing Studio install.

Fortunately, I have the freelance plus licence so I was able to do a job on my laptop this morning (on which I was careful not to download or install the offered update...) but I'm a bit desperate to get my desktop working properly again

Many thanks
Mike

Mike Sadler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL support fixed it May 13, 2014

I logged this with SDL support as soon as it occurred and I received an email from them at 12:50- BST telling me that the issue has been solved.
I went back to Studio and at the activation screen re-entered my activation code, which worked this time.
I now need to see what happens when I let the laptop installation update.

So, not wonderful - I would have lost a morning's work if not for the parallel install on my laptop, but fixed now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation cancelled after update of 13 May 2014

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search