Is there any way of creating bilingual RTF with Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Marianne Lundqvist

Marianne Lundqvist  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:21
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 13, 2014

Hi,

I have just started working as a freelance translator and I have recently purchased Studio 2014 (I actually wanted older versions too, but I guess that is impossible to purchase). However, one of my agencies still use Trados 2007 (I think...) and wants me to translate an .rtf and deliver it as a bilingual .rtf.

How do I do this?

Is it in some way possible to create a bilingual .rtf using Studio 2014 (or with any of the OpenExchange apps)? I have downloaded the SDL legit! app, so I can convert into .ttx or bilingual .doc, but what about bilingual .rtf?

Thank you so much for any help!

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:21
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Open the converted file in Word and save it as rtf May 13, 2014

The option appears in the File menu. By the way, rtf seems to be the "native" format for TRADOS 2007 when working with Word files.

I have available the demo (free) version of TRADOS 2007. You could use it for segmenting Word files and producing (and testing) bilingual files (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .ttx). The limitation is that you cannot produce TMs larger than 100 TUs.

If interested on the TRADOS 2007 demo just email me.

Saludos

[Edited at 2014-05-14 02:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any way of creating bilingual RTF with Studio 2014?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search