"No open term base" appears in Termbase Viewer in SDL Studio SP1 even though a termbase is selected
Thread poster: Takaki Sugihara

Takaki Sugihara  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 14, 2014

Hello

I just upgraded from SDL Studio 2014 to SDL Studio 2014 SP1 yesterday and noticed "No open term base" message appears in Termbase Viewer of SDL Studio SP1 even though a termbase is selected.

I can enter/edit terms in MultiTerm 2014 SP1, but I just cannot edit terms in Studio because they do not appear in Termbase Viewer.

What could be the issue? Can anyone help?

[Edited at 2014-05-14 19:28 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English
My best guess... May 14, 2014

... is that you have created a Project and then added your termbase through File -> Options as opposed to Project Settings.

Regards

Paul

Takaki Sugihara  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It turned out that... May 15, 2014

...I did not install SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1 and I only installed Multiterm 2014 SP1...(^_^;) After installing Trados 2014 SP1, it now shows terms in Termbase Viewer.

Thank you, Paul for your support.

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 17:20
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Worked for me also Aug 12, 2014

Thanks Takaki,

This helped me a lot today!

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 17:20
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
It still doesn't work... Aug 12, 2014

Unfortunately I was wrong. When I tried to add a term, I cannot do it. In the field where the terms should be, ready to edit or save, there is a webpage view of Java.com with the Java Logo and text about Java.

I noticed in the Java config panel that Java updated itself yesterday silently, although I had set it not to do so.

Anyone, please help me. I cannot work without the termbase(

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"No open term base" appears in Termbase Viewer in SDL Studio SP1 even though a termbase is selected

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search