How to export multiple TMs into one file
Thread poster: pikachupichu

pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 08:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 14, 2014

I have created multiple TMs with Trados 2014 Studio. And I am trying to find how to export those TMs to one file.

Would you please let me know how to do this?

Your quick advice will be highly appreciated.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:55
English
Easiest way... May 14, 2014

... I think!

Is to merge them all into one and then export that to a TMX. The merge operation is explained here: http://goo.gl/ylBbxx

Regards

Paul

Ravi Kumar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:25
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Please follow these steps in Trados May 15, 2014

Please follow the follow the steps given below.
1. Export each TM and create respective tmx files.
2. Create a new TM.
3. Import each tmx file created in Step 1 into the new TM.

Regards,
Ravi

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Merge May 15, 2014

You can of course just export them to separate tmx files and then import all of those into the same TM if needed. If you really must have a single TMX, the solution proposed by Paul is best.
If the TMs are very large (hundreds of thousands or millions of TUs), merging them in studio might be very slow or it might fail. In that case, exporting them separately and merging the TMX files themselves is an option, but it's not trivial.

pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 08:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to merge all into one? May 15, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... I think!

Is to merge them all into one and then export that to a TMX. The merge operation is explained here: http://goo.gl/ylBbxx

Regards

Paul

Dear Paul,

Would you please let me know how to merge all of the TMs into one before exporting?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Link to video May 15, 2014

pikachupichu wrote:

SDL Support wrote:

... I think!

Regards

Paul

Dear Paul,

Would you please let me know how to merge all of the TMs into one before exporting?

Just click on the link in Paul's post. It takes you to a short video.

It's well worth watching. I had no idea you could merge studio TMs using the upgrade process. Thanks, Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export multiple TMs into one file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search