Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 00:08
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 19, 2014

Hello,

I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2014 on one computer and to be more secured, I installed Studio 2011 on a second computer in case the first computer would crash/die.

So I deactivated the 2011 License key on my first computer, because in my online SDL account there are 2 different license keys for 2011 and 2014.

But when I opened Studio 2014 today, I had to reactivate it.
So apparently 2011 and 2014 are linked as one license although I have two different licenses for them?

If this is so, can I then install Studio 2009 on my second computer? For that, I also have a separate license key,

I paid in 2011 for Studio 2009 with a free upgrade to 2011 (about 500 EUR via proz.com)
I then paid 125 EUR for an upgrade to Studio 2014.

Does this mean that I can have only one instance of 2009/2011/2014 running on the totality of my computers?

Thanks for any answers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about licensing Studio 2011&2014

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search