SDL Trados Studio 2011 hangs/crashes when cancelling tasks
Thread poster: bartelby

bartelby
Local time: 00:56
May 20, 2014

Trados Studio 2011 SP2R 10.4.3109.2 will completely hang when certain tasks are cancelled via the Cancel button, for example when a project creation/analysis or pseudo-translation step are kicked off and then I want to interrupt/cancel the process.
The system processor indicates that the application is still responding however Trados does not cancel or close the task and needs to be forcibly closed.
This has also occurred when earlier versions of Studio 2011 and is not restricted to the above version number.
I have given the system and application plenty of time to process the cancellation request so I don't believe I am forcing it shut too early.
Can anyone advise please? Is this known behaviour?

thanks
Bart

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 hangs/crashes when cancelling tasks

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search