When generating taget file (html), blanks after full stops are removed
Thread poster: Sarah Jackowski

Sarah Jackowski
Germany
Local time: 14:35
English to German
May 20, 2014

When generating target files from Studio, blanks after usual Segment endings are missing.

For ex.
This is segment one. This is segment two.

becomes

This is segmente one.This is segment two.

in the target html file. i have to say that we are using our own file type Definition. Any experiences or comments on how to adjust the file type Definition?

Sarah Jackowski
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Source file and bilingual files are fine May 21, 2014

Interesting Point i found out is that the source file and the bilingual file that's created with Project Setup are fine, they have all the blanks.

When I create a Master TM of the translated files and then create a new Project with the same source file, include the Master TM and do a pretranslation (the complete file will be translated 100%) and afterwards create the target file (html) the blanks are also there.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have seen it only in the preview May 21, 2014

Hi, Sarah,

I saw this behhavour in our files only in the Preview, not in the target files. We could reproduce this any HTML file, not just custom files. We reported with SDL but it is still not fixed in SDL Studio 2014 SP1.

However, we don't have the problem when we generate the target files. In our context, the target HTML files are OK.

Daniel

Sarah Jackowski
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
found a workaround... May 22, 2014

Daniel García wrote:

Hi, Sarah,

I saw this behhavour in our files only in the Preview, not in the target files. We could reproduce this any HTML file, not just custom files. We reported with SDL but it is still not fixed in SDL Studio 2014 SP1.

However, we don't have the problem when we generate the target files. In our context, the target HTML files are OK.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your answer!

We made some further testings and found out that the target files are ok when I create a Project, translate it myself (or do a pre-translation with the TM) and then generate the target files.
However, as soon as I create a Translation package for a translator and I get it back and generate a target file, the blanks are missing...

Then, when I update the TM with the translations, create a new project with the same source files and automatically translate them with the updated TM and generate the target files, the HTML files are ok, too.

This is a workaround, but still annoying right?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When generating taget file (html), blanks after full stops are removed

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search