How to make Complete Matches automatically adopt TM changes
Thread poster: alex_schoeber82

alex_schoeber82
Germany
May 20, 2014

Hi there - I have a small problem. When I work with several files the complete matches are filled in automatically (which is good of course), but when I edit the translation in the original segment, the changes are not being taken over for the matches because their status is CM Translated.
It's much better with repetitions in one and the same file where repetitions are filled in automatically, but these segments only get a Draft status. So whenever I edit the translation in the original segment, the changes are being adopted by the matching segments automatically.

So my question is - how can I setup Trados in a way that it will attribute only the Draft status for matches when I work with multiple files? I hope u guys get what I'm trying to say...:-)

Thanks for help!!

[Edited at 2014-05-21 07:12 GMT]

alex_schoeber82
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Pretranslating May 21, 2014

Ok - so now I found out that when I open the pretranslation batch process I can choose to not confirm CMs. However even though complete matches are not confirmed these segments will not automatically adopt changes in the TM that I implement in the original translation segment.......:-/

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
English to Hungarian
merge the files May 22, 2014

when creating the task or on the fly

alex_schoeber82
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Merging May 22, 2014

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you! I already found the answer in another forum thread, but thank you anyway!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make Complete Matches automatically adopt TM changes

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search