Elisabetta Lopalco  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 00:48
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
May 23, 2014

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the Trados Studio 30 days trial, but when I try to install it it gives me the following two errors:

1. Jre -8-Windows-i586.exe - Impossibile trovare il punto di ingresso RegDeleteKeyExA della procedura nella libreria di collegamento dinamico ADVAPI32.dll

2. SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1. Set-up did not complete. The error is: Package Java(TM) 8 could not be installed. Error number 1073741511

I have windows XP and I know it does not support Java 8. I followed the procedure suggested in the support section to bypass Java 8 but it did not work out.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

[Edited at 2014-05-23 11:40 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:48
Checking KB first May 24, 2014

You did not mention which article you followed so please confirm it was article #5184 :

If you followed this and it still doesn't work then please log a case through the solution finder and we can help you out. Go to the Knowledgebase;

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- I receive an error message during installation
--- I have disabled UAC during installation / I do not have Win Vista 7/8
---- None of the error messages match my issue / I tried the suggested resolution....

So if you have tried everything suggested, when you get to this point you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Elisabetta Lopalco  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 00:48
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Problem solved May 31, 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply and for your help. I managed to successfully download the trial!

I followed the procedure I found on the SDL web-site, apparently I missed a step

Thank you very much again,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Errors while installing Trados Studio 30 days trial

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search