Main differences between Trados 6.5 and 6.5.5?
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:40
English to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2004

Hi! all! I know few have you have purchased the latest Trados 6.5.5 version. Currently I am using Trados 6.5 and I don´t manage to see any important differences or striking performance differences between 6.5 and 6.5.5. I could successfully download the Trialware 6.5.5 and copy and past the Plug-ins in 6.5 and it is indeed like 6.5.5. May be I should put it the other way around. In which way is the version 6.5.5 better than 6.5? I shall appreciate any and all knowledgeable information about t... See more
Hi! all! I know few have you have purchased the latest Trados 6.5.5 version. Currently I am using Trados 6.5 and I don´t manage to see any important differences or striking performance differences between 6.5 and 6.5.5. I could successfully download the Trialware 6.5.5 and copy and past the Plug-ins in 6.5 and it is indeed like 6.5.5. May be I should put it the other way around. In which way is the version 6.5.5 better than 6.5? I shall appreciate any and all knowledgeable information about this. May be this is a stupid question, I just fail to see the differences.
Best Regards,
Brandis

[Edited at 2004-11-25 22:48]

[Edited at 2004-11-26 02:08]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-27 21:40]
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
See details in this article... Nov 26, 2004

This article (http://www.translationzone.com/sublink.asp?ID=609) at Translationzone explains the enhancements introduced with 6.5.5. For me the most important is that you can now translate Powerpoint and Excel files in Tageditor (according to the article).

Best regards
Jørgen

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:40
French to English
Patch release Nov 26, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Currently I am using Trados 6.5 and I don´t manage to see any important differences or striking performance differences between 6.5 and 6.5.5.

[Edited at 2004-11-25 22:48]

[Edited at 2004-11-26 02:08]

Hello Brandis,

Version 6.5.5 is a patch release and, as is always the case with patch releases, the fixes in the patch are described in a knowledge base article -- in this case, at http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1399

Take care,
Karin Adamczyk

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Karin Nov 26, 2004

HI ! Thank you again.Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Main differences between Trados 6.5 and 6.5.5?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »