Thread poster: Olga Cuzmanov

Olga Cuzmanov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:55
Member (2013)
English to Romanian
+ ...
May 27, 2014

SDL App Store used to provide very useful, free Apps. I was interested in the SDLTmReverseLangs that creates a new TM from an existing one with the language pair reversed. I went to the App Store to get it, but it appears that the free app downloading is no longer available for this and many other apps. I checked out one dozen of the apps, so I don't know if there are any of the "Top rated" or "Most downloaded" still available. To "Learn why this download is not avaliable (sic)", couple of clicks later you get to the SDL OPENEXCHANGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BlaBlaBla...limitation of liabilities...BlaBlaBla...more lawyer talk.

My question is: if the apps are no longer available for downloading and they are a liability for SDL, why list them?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:55
English
They are all available... May 27, 2014

... but it does look as though there are some technical issues around the store at the moment. I could download SDLTmReverseLangs via this link but it's the 2014 version which may not what you want?

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltmreverselangs-538.html?c=52002#52002

The other should also be available... I'll post back later when I know it's sorted out.

Certainly there have been no apps removed at all... at least not on purpose!

Regards

Paul

United States
Member (2013)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 28, 2014

Paul, Thanks for the quick reply.

It is my understanding that this happens from time to time. I am wondering: if it's a temporarily issue, shouldn't the message reflect it? "Download Not Available Momentarily" or something like that.

Thank you again, for your help.
Olga

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:55
English
All working now... May 28, 2014

... or at least they should be.

I think, if we knew when it happened then we could provide the message. But that's the problem!

We have some open tickets ourselves with our IT teams to get to the bottom of this and prevent it from happening. Fortunately it doesn't happen a lot, and this one was sort of triggered by the addition of a new version for Studio 2014 which caused the records to get muddled up.

Did you experience this with others, and if you did which ones?

Regards

Paul

United States
Member (2013)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for late reply May 30, 2014

Paul, first of all: thank you for your help. I checked and it works. "Download now" shows up instead of the "Unavailable for download".

As for the apps that were not working: in the App Search I checked Free and Most Downloads and I got MyMemory, Glossary Converter...and SDLTmReverseLangs. None of the first dozen apps were working. I gave up after trying those.

I really appreciate your promptness in fixing the download issue.
Olga

PS The developer of SDLTmReverseLangs, Costas Nadalis with TMServe, Translation Management Services helped me out while the issue was being worked on. Another great guyicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLTmReverseLangs and many other Apps - Download Not Available

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search