anchorref tags in IDML
Thread poster: foremonly
May 27, 2014

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I have an IDML that has a bunch of anchorref tags at the beginning and end of segments. These are always either preceded or followed by tab characters. Because of these tags, the TM match value is fuzzy instead of 100% and I have to go in and manually insert in the tag for all these segments. I have been trying to find a way to segment out these tags such that the text alone appears in a segment and the anchorref tag appears either in its own segments or is set as a structural tag and excluded from the editor view in Studio.

I have tried creating a segmentation rule using a tab, but the tab segmentation rule only works for segments that do not contain the tag.

Is there any way to set up a segmentation rule to split the segment at the anchorref? If not, is there a way to split the segment at a tab before or after the anchorref tag?

Is there another way to make this happen in Studio so no one will have to spend their time transferring these tags from source to target in hundreds of segments?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

anchorref tags in IDML

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search