Thread poster: Christian Schoenberg

Christian Schoenberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:26
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
May 28, 2014

Just tried to load a file into MultiTerm 2014 Extract SP1 and it stopped working during file extraction (except the 'Time elapsed' function keeps counting). I reviewed the relevant knowledge base article (KB #4523 | SDL MultiTerm Extract stops working during term extraction - http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4523) but that's really not much help.

"This behavior might be caused by a glitch in Java that prevents the system processing necessary commands in the background during the extraction process and therefore gets stuck.
This behavior might also occur when you have Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.7.0_XX installed on your operating system that prevents the system processing necessary commands. SDL is aware of the problem of SDL MultiTerm Extract combined with the Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.7.0_XX and is working on a solution."

This was apparently reviewed in October 2013 - anyone know if they ever did come up with a solution?

I am using Java Standard Edition Version 8 (build 1.8.0-b132), Windows 7 (x64). On a not-unrelated note, I'm gobsmacked how support user unfriendly SDL's website is... Am I the only one??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2014 Extract

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search